Sant'Andrea Gallery

Strada Giordano Cavestro - 6/a - Parma - PR - 43121
Hours:

the church is nowadays a gallery, it is open in case of exhibitions. For further information tel. Ucai Parma +39 0521228136.

Description:

just around the corner from the busy shopping streets of the historical centre, the small deconsecrated church of Sant'Andrea now plays host to art exhibitions and cultural events.

Recorded in documents since 1216, despite being almost completely rebuilt by provost Beato Martino in 1260, it still shows the original Romanesque features in its beautiful facade.

The inner architecture was transformed in the 18th century by adding pillars in order to create side chapels while frescoes were covered over and over again along the centuries by new decorations.

Last update:
17/12/2017