Seminario Maggiore

Via Cardinal Ferrari - 1 - Parma - PR - 43121
Phone: +39 0521234225
Description:

the present building dates back to the end of the 19th century but its origins can be traced at the beginning of the 16th century as the facade, designed by Gianfranco Ferrari d'Agrate still shows.

It was the time when the vicarage was created to host the general Gymnasium, a public school founded by the Parma Community. Around the year 1566, the Diocesan Seminary took the place of the Gymnasium, founded by the Bishop of Parma cardinal Alessandro Sforza.

On the west side of the building is located the medieval tombstone that once embellished the door of the ancient circle of walls.

How to get there:

located in the historical centre, next to the Cathedral.

Last update:
03/11/2016