Pallavicino palace

Piazzale Santafiora - 7 - Parma - PR - 43121
Hours:

the palace is not open to visitors.

Description:

seat of the Regional administration law-court since 1977, the palace was commissioned by Alfonso Pallavicino from Zibello in 1646 and built on the spot of a 15th century palace belonging to the Sforza of Santafiora family. The façade dates back to 1705 and is characterised by windows of different sizes and designs surrounded by marble, with a balcony held up by corbels.

Inside, from a baroque courtyard, a balustrade staircase with three flights in Bolognese style of the end of the 17th century leads adorned with statues, leads up to several rooms with stucco, Austrian marble fireplaces, mirrors, paintings, a Chinese salon with 18th century marble floors and a salon frescoed by Sebastiano Galeotti. Four works are by Girolamo Donnini, including The flight of Eneid from Troy, The flight of Ifigenia from the temple of Artemides, Medea and Jason and Diomedes revealing the faked madness of Ulysses. Donnini also painted the ceilings, as well the artist from Bologna Aureliano Milani, depicting Hercules in many of his works.

How to get there:

located in the historical centre, 5 minutes walk from Garibaldi square.

Last update:
24/10/2016